Dr. Shabnam Das Kar MD, FMNM is a doctor, a specialist in Functional and Metabolic Medicine and an international speaker.Before transitioning into Functional Medicine she was practicing as an Obstetrician Gynaecologist for more than 20 years in Mumbai .She lives in Calgary,Canada and Mumbai, India.
I have the unique experience of living and working in two countries. This gives me the ability to personalize your treatment to your situation. Living and working in Canada makes me familiar with the best of treatment available in my field, while having the knowledge to tailor it to what is available in India.
Many of you are overwhelmed by the information that comes up in your research.Often you need help to translate that knowledge into action. Helping you navigate that path is my mission.
As a Functional Medicine specialist I look at a basics-first approach to your health.The basics are your food and gut health, sleep, stress management and targeted supplementation.
However, my approach is to use a combination of the best in Western Medicine along with Functional Medicine, not one in exclusion of the other. I recommend a cautious and practical approach to your care, being sensitive to cost and local availability. I am a great believer in the power of making small incremental changes over time.
TRAINING AND CREDENTIALS
- MBBS and MD (OB GYN) from India
- Fellow, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), USA.
- Advanced Endocrinology Certification from Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI)
- Special training from Metabolic Medicine Institute on Functional Medicine approach to Autoimmune Diseases
- Brain Health Coaching Certification from Amen Clinics, USA.
- Director Medical Education at Better Medical Centre, Canada.
- Co-Founder, Metabolic Dietary Solutions Program
- Guest Faculty Member at Maryland University of Integrative Health in Professional Continuing Education.
- Speaker at medical conferences in Asia and Canada.